Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Celebratory Dinner

Last week I accepted a new job, hurray!  DRS came home that night and surprised me with dinner reservations to celebrate!  He chose to take me and my parents to Maxie's Southern Comfort in Milwaukee.  It is a southern inspired restaurant that just won Best Restaurant in Milwaukee via On Milwaukee.  We definitely have missed fried chicken, bbq and grits since our move back to Wisconsin, so I knew dinner was going to be a treat!

Warm cornbread was brought to our table along with our menus.  Yum!  We decided on fried green tomatoes, wings and oysters for our appetizers.  For dinner DRS had fried chicken, my mom had chicken fried chicken, my dad had chicken fried steak and I had shrimp and grits.  It was all delicious and made us long for North Carolina.  If you like southern food as much as I do, Maxie's is a must!     






    

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Looks delish! :) And... Congrats on the new job! What a nice way to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete