Thursday, February 9, 2012

Grandma's House



As a child I remember having the most wonderful time at my Grandma's house.  My sister and I would spend the night along with one or two of my cousins.  Grandma would make all of our favorite foods including her famous macaroni and cheese, dilly beans, applesauce and black olives.  After dinner we would maybe put a puzzle together or watch Wheel of Fortune while doing Grandma's hair.  Before bed we would have a bedtime snack of cereal (I always chose Frosted Flakes).  These were some of the best sleepovers I can remember!

Since that time we have all developed deeper friendships.  We have grown up, gotten married and starting having children.  We have stood up in each others weddings, had frequent game nights and always enjoy being together.  I would consider my cousins some of my closest friends.

We were very blessed to have such an amazing Grandma who enjoyed having sleepovers with us.  We are also very lucky to have each other.  Thank you Grandma!  We miss you!

2 comments:

  1. I started crying when I read this. Love you! I miss her too. But, what great memories we have together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears came to my eyes too!!!

    Sis

    ReplyDelete