Thursday, August 23, 2012

Farmer's Market Day Two

The second ingredient that I bought from the West Bend Farmer's Market was blueberries.  I like eating fresh blueberries and I love baking with them!  Sunday morning I made blueberry waffles for DRS and my parents.  I still had some leftover, so Monday morning I made blueberry muffins.  I have made a lot of blueberry muffins in the past with a variety of recipes.  This time I tried a recipe from Gwyneth Paltrow.  I rented her cookbook, My Father's Daughter, from the library a few weeks ago.  The recipe comes from her mother, Blythe.

8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 cups flour
3/4 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Line 12 muffin cups with papers.

Whisk the butter, eggs, and milk together in a bowl.  In another bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.  Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold in the blueberries.  Divide amount the muffin cups and sprinkle the muffins with a small amount of sugar.  Bake until a toothpick tests clean and the muffins are golden brown, 23-30 minutes.  Best to eat warm!

The recipe was a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment